Tuesday, August 31, 2010

positive image

And I opened my eyes, and the sunniest day I ever lived in was shining through the blinds.  I was ready to jump up and dress myself: I must have put on my favorite pair of shoes.I didn't cry at all that day. I was obedient and smiling all day.
And I don't remember much about my brothers, but I can bet that I was included in all the running around that went on that day.
We were so poor in those apartments. But on that day, when the ice-cream truck came by, moma bought me a tweety-bird pop, complete with her orange marshmallow beak.  I can remember laughing in the brightness of everything, and telling God that I was perfect that day.
I know I did not dream it - I was too young to imagine all that perfection by myself. What a sunny sandbox day!
It didn't take a rainy morning to remember that special day in heaven. I knew the perfect day when I was living it, and I long for heaven now, because I saw what it was like.

No comments:

Post a Comment