Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Today, walking to class, I "woke up" spelling two words out loud, to a rythmn, for no particular reason at all.
I have no idea how those words got in my head, either. They certainly weren't anything special, because I pulled them out of thin air.
But now that I try to recreate the rythmn,I cant think of the words that I was spelling.
I am also having trouble thinking of words that I can throw around like that.
They are a little hard to find.
I have just tried doing this with about twenty words, and I am not satisfied yet.
All the words I have tried so far are:
a. too long to have a simple rythmn
b. too similar in ending
c. not sing-song enough
d. too unlikely to have been pulled out of thin air
This is driving me crazy!
I am going to have to space out on purpose now, hoping that I "come to" sing-song-spelling two unlikely words.
Doesn't this just show the simplicity of "inspiration"? Doesn't it prove that most of the time, inspiration has nothing to do with me?
Rather, my rythmns and rhymes are the product of my wandering mind.
And sadly, if my pen and paper aren't handy, most of these are forgotten, too.
Of course, I always end up sharing my stories, my thoughts. But I wonder what I could have written today with those two words that I have forgotten.
I know that I won't ever know.
But from now on, if I catch myself spelling and rhyming on the way to dinner, I am tucking my rhymes into my pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment